This competition is to motivate young students/researchers to develop entrepreneurial and business mindsets with their skills and training on sensor research and development.
Date: Tuesday January 24, 2023
Time: 10:30 – 13:00 IST
- A three-minute oral pitch presentation with four slides about a business idea based on the presenter’s research project(s).
- The first slide is for the title, presenter, affiliation and credentials. The other 3 slides focus on “the Problem”, “Solution(s)”, and “Expected Outcomes”.
- The teams can bring what they can carry
- Each team can have 1 or max 2 participants.
- Eligible for students, postdoctoral fellows, and young professionals (defined as within 15 years from B.Sc. degree by the IEEE YP program)
- One-page proposal should be submitted before 31 December, 2022. The proposal should include a project Title, the Problem, Solution(s), and Expected Outcomes.
- The judging and mentoring panel will consist of entrepreneurs and academic researchers.
Registration for BIP
Please fill the following form to enter the competition. Attendance at and registration for IEEE APSCON 2023 is required to be considered for the competition. A signed W-9/W-8 US tax form will be required to receive the electronic transfer of the award. Awardee will be asked for the bank name and routing number, and the account number under attendee’s name for the electronic transfer.
Best Woman-owned Business Pitch: $400
Best Female Step Ahead Pitch: $400
Best Innovation Pitch: $400
Best Impact Pitch: $400
Amit Kumar, BioAxis DNA Research Centre (P) Ltd
Mitradip Bhattacharjee, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal (India)
Saakshi Dhanekar, IIT Jodhpur (India)
Veda Sandeep Nagaraja, Tyndall National Institute, University College Cork (Ireland)
Brendan O’Flynn, Tyndall